Fall is upon us in Boston, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a strong impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Boston a call at 617-712-2342 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!