In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a wonderful way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Store all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 781-239-1161, stop by our Boston showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.