Cooler temps are heading our way in Boston and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Boston winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Boston team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Boston.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Boston a call at 617-712-2342 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.