Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Boston home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Boston, give them a call at 978-373-2500 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.